Tuesday 9 October 2012

Stitching like Mad!

I have been working furiously on Farm Friends since I last posted.  I must have it done by the end of the month so I can get it framed in time for the little guy's first birthday in mid-November.

FF is an easy project - 14 ct Aida fabric.  It's an easy design and while it is a bit boring to stitch, it's kinda nice to have blocks of colors to stitch rather than changing threads after only a few stitches.  I do miss the Hermit, though.  I miss it's complexity.  Still, FF is a labour of love for some good friends of mine, so I am happy to do it.

Daughter is enjoying the progress of this one.  "Look," I tell her, "I finished the piggy!"  Well, sort-of.  The detailing comes last, but its nice to see the look of delight on her face when I show her my work. I also started working on the border (lower left side).  From the bottom up - cow, pig, doggy and duck.


4 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Great progress...can't wait to see how it looks when finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and am enjoying reading your posts and following along! Love the little Farm Friends! I agree -- sometimes you need something more simple to work on to break things up. I know I do! Your HAED is gorgeous!! I have yet to even attempt one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome, Carolyn! Thanks so much for the comments.

    ReplyDelete