Saturday 25 August 2012

Busy, busy, busy!

It's been a while since I've posted an update of the Hermit.  I have to admit I haven't been doing a lot of stitching these days. I think it's been a week since I actually did a cross stitch.

My summer vacation ended and I have gone back to work. Between the office and my running, by the time I'm on the couch in the evening, I'm already half asleep.  Having said that, I did make a bit of progress with the Hermit since I last posted a photo.


I struggle sometimes with how to stitch each page.  Do I stitch across and finish each 10x10 square?  Do I pick one thread colour and work all those stitches?  (The latter often leads to counting errors.) This time I decided to frame the page, partly because I wanted to see where the edge of the pattern would be on the fabric. So this is why the left side of the page I'm stitching has been stitched.  Next, I think I'll work across the bottom of the page towards the lantern.  Decisions.  Decisions.

Tune in!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mimi! I'm a new follower to your blog (found you through Nikki's Stitching) and your latest post could have come from my very own thoughts, lol. I have the same dilemmas when stitching BAPs and can't ever seem to decide on one uniform way to complete them. Whatever works, I guess. Right? Your stitching is beautiful...regardless of how you accomplish it, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for following along and welcome!

    ReplyDelete